To expedite the process, fill out an adoption application at home and bring with you to the shelter.
Adoption Process -
No appointment necessary!
Before meeting 'one-on-one' with any pet, you are required to be approved on your adoption application.
- You must be at least 25 years of age.
- If you lease or rent, you must have permission from your landlord or the primary resident where you live prior to adoption. Proof such as a lease or documentation will need to be shown.
- WE WILL VERIFY PET POLICIES IF THERE IS AN HOA- EVEN IF YOU OWN YOUR HOME
- If you currently have a dog at home and are adopting a dog, Tri County Animal Rescue requires you bring in your dog for an official “meet and greet.”
- If you currently have a dog or cat at home, you must provide proof that he or she is current on vaccinations and sterilized.
- Tri County Animal Rescue does not authorize adoptions to be “gifts.” The person who will be considered the owner of the pet must be present and go through the adoption process.
- You will be asked to complete a preliminary questionnaire prior to adoption.
- If you are at least 21 years of age but still live with your parents, the home-owners will need to provide written and/or verbal consent.
Please do not try to adopt in a hurry!
Weekends are busy and you may have to wait more than an hour (especially in the afternoons) so please be patient. Adopting 15+ years of life is worth the wait!