PLEASE CLICK TO FILL OUT OUR ADOPTION FORM
Adoption Process & Protocols
No appointments necessary- animals available to view.
The basic requirements for adoption from Tri-County Animal Rescue are as follows:
Before meeting 'one-on-one' with any pet, you are required to be approved on your adoption application.
- You must be at least 25 years of age.
- If you lease or rent, you must have permission from your landlord or the primary resident where you live prior to adoption. Proof such as a lease or documentation will need to be shown.
- WE WILL VERIFY PET POLICIES IF THERE IS AN HOA- EVEN IF YOU OWN YOUR HOME
- If you currently have a dog at home and are adopting a dog, Tri-County Animal Rescue requires you bring in your dog for an official “meet and greet.”
- If you currently have a dog or cat at home, you must provide proof that he or she is current on vaccinations and sterilized.
- Tri-County Animal Rescue does not authorize adoptions to be “gifts.” The person who will be considered the owner of the pet must be present and go through the adoption process.
- You will be asked to complete a preliminary questionnaire prior to adoption.
- If you are at least 21 years of age but still live with your parents, the home-owners will need to provide written and/or verbal consent.
If you would like to expedite the process, you may print out the pre-adoption questionnaire at home and then bring it in to the shelter.
Please do not try to adopt in a hurry!!
Weekends are busy and you may have to wait more than an hour (especially in the afternoons) so please be patient. Adopting 15+ years of life is worth the wait!